Welcome to the Northampton Community Energy Scheme. We hope to create a Renewable Energy Centre (REC) at the Westbridge Depot, St James Mill Road. The proposal is to construct a gasification facility which could provide renewable energy to local businesses.
The Northampton Community Energy Scheme is:
- A safe and clean way of generating renewable energy from treated household waste that cannot be practically recycled
- Energy in the form of heat and/or electricity could be used by nearby businesses, which will reduce their overheads, by cutting operating costs and helping them to flourish, supporting the local economy and jobs
- The cost of putting non-recyclable waste into the REC will be significantly cheaper than the current disposal routes which helps the Council to deploy funds for more beneficial uses
- The facility will reduce greenhouse gas emissions, compared to fossil fuel energy generation It will assist in combating the effects of climate change as a result, by providing an alternative to landfill
- The facility will provide secure source of energy and help the UK to meet its European and national targets for renewable generation
If you would like to receive our newsletters as they become available, please sign up here.